Kenny Rogers, whose filthy voice led him to be a television and music star in the genres, died at the age of 81.
Known for hits such as Coward Of County and The Gambler, Rogers "passed away from natural causes at home, under the care of a housewife and surrounded by her family," says a representative.
Rogers, who was also successful in partnering with Dolly Parton, announced a farewell tour in 2015 but continued to perform until 2017.
The multiple Grammy winner, who played the original of the legends in Glastonbury in 2013, was scheduled to make further appearances, but was suspended in April 2018 due to unspecified "health challenges".
He then said in a statement: “I have profoundly taken this opportunity to say goodbye to fans for the last two years.
"I could never properly thank them for the careers and support they have given me throughout my career and for the happiness I have felt as a result."
Born and raised in Houston, Rogers' trademark voice helped bring him back to 1977-97. Twenty in the US census, including Lionel Richie's spouse.
In the UK he had two in number: Lucille in 1997 and the Coward Off region in 1980. Other British top ten also included Ruby in 1969, Don't Love the City, and Parton's Islands with The Stream duo. 7th November 1983.
In 2013, Rogers was inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Earth and in the same year received a lifetime achievement award from the Earth Music Association.
The Gambler adopted the England team song at the 2007 Rugby World Cup, with which Rogers said in a video message: "I don't know much about rugby, but it's a song that means a lot to me, and I do. I am proud that you guys found something in it that is your inspiration. ”
When Rogers' duties began to flow, singer Richard Marx wrote a note: “I'm really sad to see Kenny Rogers go. He did so much for me as a young composer, and we remained friends for over 30 years.
“I'm really going to miss him. May he rest. "
Filmmaker Ava DuVernay told Roger to "have a good rest".
He has tweeted: "What I know about Kenny Rogers. When THE GAMBLER hit, he was 50 years old. The most popular songs have come after. WE ARE THE POLICE SHOOTED IN HIS STUDIO. My sister, Tera, was a teenager, working for Kenny Rogers Rutgers. This is my jam. Relax, sir. "
Rapper MC Hammer just shared Rogers' image and the words: "R.I.P."
An announcement at the Golden Globe Awards, in which Rogers, "They Don't Put Like They Were Formed" in 1986, praised him as "an icon of country music and a Golden Globe nominee."
A statement from the Country Music Association says: "The music of the country is lost to the great Kenny Rogers, who left a lasting mark on the history of country music. His family and friends are in trouble in our minds. "
The Rogers family is planning a private service "worrying about the national Kovid-19 emergency," a statement released early Saturday said. A public memorial will take place later.
- Alan Stone, Lauren Ure Aurigi and more for making live concerts on Billboard live. See this week's schedule for richard marx john mayer songs
- The best movies, doctors, books, and series to review your fashion culture while in detention for richard marx take this heart lyrics
- Director Roman Gupill denies historian Emmanuel Todd for richard marx wherever you go movie
- Saint-Pierre-e-Miquelon and Morocco at "l & # 39; Echo de la timbrologie" for richard marx through my veins
- Death of Robert Conrad (mysteries of the West) at the age of 84 for richard marx right here waiting for you
- Director Roman Gupill denies historian Emmanuel Todd for richard marx jingles
- RICHARD MARX Chords |: E-Chords.com: for richard marx vs justin bieber