(Bloomberg) – Subscribe to our Brexit newsletter, follow us @Brexit, and subscribe to our podcast.
Mcdonald said he would not stay in the US shadow cabinet after Labor elected a new leader because of the worst party result in a general election since 1935.
On Friday, Jeremy Corbyn said he would step down as leader of the opposition party after losing some seats in his northern heart for the first time in history. McDonell, a 68-year-old follower of Marx, is seen as Corbyn's closest ally and has been the party's treasury spokesman since 2015.
McDonnell told the BBC that Labour's ruling body, the National Executive Committee, will meet next week to determine the timetable for the leadership election – and he expects it will be in a few months.
When asked who would return as the next leader, she chose Rebecca Long-Bailey, Angela Rainer, and Richard Bourbon in what she calls a "new generation."
"You can see a coalition that can give us, I think, the future that this country needs," McDonell said.
To contact a reporter about this story: Sarah Marley in London at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor in charge of this story, Andrew Davis at email@example.com
Please visit us for such additional articles bloomberg.com:
© 2019 Bloomberg L.P.
- I'll be right here waiting for you with the texts of Richard Marx for richard marx seattle
- "Let's live together as brothers, or be crazy until the end," said Martin Luther King Jr. | LICRA: for richard marx 2016
- Who will see us on stage in 2020 in Haut-Vienna? for richard marx nashville
- What did you do for the New Year? – Times-Standard: for richard marx christmas spirit
- Places Richard Mark Dusseldorf |: 03/18/2020: for richard marx politics
- Happy birthday, Mr. Bean. Celebrating 30 years as the main comic book character, MercatorNet for richard marx and wife
- Richard Marx (@richardmarx) |: Twitter: for richard marx hold on to the night meaning