December 18, 2019, 2:53 pm ET
Interview of the Week
(«Popeyenomics. Why do you do what you do?, "Dec. 7). From one theologian's point of view, mine is prof. Rob is right. The story of the good Samaritan shows that "rational choice cannot tell the whole story."
Dom and Dominic Khachan,
A scholar of the New Testament and early Christianity has shown that the parable of Jesus can take our map of reality and reverse what we expect to see. Everything is turned upside down. It aims to transform how we look at people. All we have to do is read the parable through the eyes of the Jews, not the mild ones.
In Jesus' day, the Jews rarely had dealings with the Samaritans. The requirement of history is that the Jew of that time say what cannot be said: “There is a 'good' Samaritan who does God's will, and the best Jews are the priest and the Levite.
It was similar to the story of "Good Apache" to the modern-day West American city of 1800s or "good" communist or Islamist today. The real scandal is the perpetrator, the Samaritan is not the case.
Professor Robb says that some traditional economists view human behavior as a rational attempt to maximize interest, while behavioral economists tell us that human behavior is often uncertain because of cognitive bias. Mr Rob rightly says that both economic aspects of human behavior have their limitations and do not cover the whole story. As a clinical psychologist, I have seen many people whose first marriages were deeply influenced by cognitive biases, as opposed to their second marriages, which were chosen more rationally.
Mr Robb interferes with the neglected theory of human behavior: That some actions "are carried out by the people, not for any tangible benefit, but for their own sake." This view that some behaviors are over-analyzed and of no deep significance. One quote from one of Marx's brothers, Chico, explaining the appeal of their films:
“The reason people love to see us doing something in our grave is very clear. That's because a normal person would want to act once. "
Steven Ce. Ceresnie, Doc.
Copyright © 2019 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All rights reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8:
- Saint-Pierre-e-Miquelon and Morocco at "l & # 39; Echo de la timbrologie" for richard marx a night out with friends
- The Best Movies and TV Shows of 2019 and Decade for richard marx forgot to remember lyrics
- Pierre Lapoin's concert in Paris was postponed for richard marx 80s hair
- N. Poirier, Cornelius Castoriadis, Chaos Born for richard marx photography
- Renee Burr. The Germans for richard marx on instagram
- Death of Robert Conrad (mysteries of the West) at the age of 84 for richard marx 1980
- Pierre Lapoin's concert in Paris was postponed for richard marx ocala